Q. Why does registration happen so far ahead of the actual season start date?
A. In order to appropriately place all our teams, we must notify the league of our team requirements in early July for Fall and early January for Spring.We also must determine our field and coaching needs for the coming season, even for our younger in-town program. Often in the past our players have outnumbered the available places on the age appropriate team and we have been forced to turn away players.
Q. Are there differences in registration policies by age group?
A. Yes, there are some differences by age group:
- Pre-K: The Pre-K program is available for all children who turned 5 years old by August 31st. This program is run in both Fall and Spring. Registration will remain open until the season starts, with no late fee, but it is strongly recommended that players sign up early.
- Kindergarten and Grades 1 and 2: Registration will remain open until the season starts, but it is strongly recommended that players sign up early. There is no late fee for Pre-K - grade 2.
- Grade 3 through Grade 8 Travel Teams: After the registration end date, a $25 late fee will apply and players will be placed on a waitlist. Late registrations will be allowed only if there is room on an appropriate team.
Q. What will I need to complete the registration process?
A. Besides payment information (see below), SYSA requires a copy of a birth certificate for all first time-registered players. This must be mailed separately to complete the registration process. Please mail to SYSA, PO box 132, Southborough, MA 01772
Q. What is the fee for my child to play?
A. The Fee's differ based on the age group / grade. See Below:
- Pre-K, Kindergarten, and grades 1 & 2: registration fee is $125 per player per season.
- Grades 3-8: registration fee is $175 per player per season. (There is also a non-refundable $25 late fee for any player who signs up once we begin our waitlist.
Q. What kind of payment methods are available?
A. You may pay by credit card only. Please contact the Registrar with any questions.
Q. Is there any financial assistance provided to help with registration fees?
A. SYSA will not deny a child the opportunity to play soccer in the program for financial reasons. During registration, there will be a place where you can request a waiver for scholarship.
Q. What is SYSA's refund policy?
A. Please see our refund policy below:
- Requests for refunds should be made to the Registrar. A conflict with other sports or being dissatisfied with the player's team assignment does not trigger a refund.
- Refunds will be issued until Feb. 1 for the spring season and July 15 for the fall season. After those dates, no refunds will be issued with the exception of extenuating circumstances.
Q. What if my child needs a uniform?
A. Links to order uniforms will be sent through soccer.com to the email listed when you registered. Please use this link to order to ensure that you have the correct uniform and number. Any questions, please email registrar ([email protected])
Q. I heard that for the travel leagues, there is a placement process that groups players. How does that work?
A. See the SYSA Operating Guidelines for detailed information on player placement information. Any additional question can be directed to the SYSA Registrar at [email protected]. Please include your name and phone number so that we can follow up to you as needed.